Our new database page will launch shortly.
The roads around Brescia had long been famous for motor racing when a triangular circuit to the south-east was chosen as venue for the first Italian Grand Prix in 1921. The road from Montichiari to Brescia formed the long starting straight. A sharp left-hand turn at the village of Fascia d’Oro was followed by a section that is now the site for the Aeroporto Brescia-Montichiari. In the event, only Fiat and Ballot arrived for the race with Jules Goux winning for the latter. Any thoughts of repeating the race were dashed with the opening of a new permanent circuit at Monza.